Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Random past nail art + future hair care purchases (maybe?)

Hello!
Thought I'd post tonight since I'm pretty darn bored, and thought I'd share what's on my nails now... Which led me to unloading pictures from my phone, which led to me unloading a lot of pics of past nail art. I always wanted to do a post dedicated to those nail designs I have on my phone, but didn't take nice pictures of with the big cam. Well, here they are!

Err... almost. A few notes before we begin.. :p
This post is a little photo-heavier than my usual posts.. juss sayin'
I apologize for crappy picture quality in advance... it was a really big switch from a 3GS to a 5... xD
I might not remember every polish I've used for these nail designs, so don't blame me if I can't name them all...

Alrighty, here we go!

OPI Dulce de Leche w/ some random off brand from night market one on top + nail stickers
 The first ever time I tried a gradient!! It turned out pretty messy, lol. And I decided it was a good idea to take a pic before I cleaned up around the nails... yeah...


Essie e-nuf is e-nuf w/ glitter polishes... all off brands
Woo! Super glitter! Second time doing gradient.. I used like a million glitter polishes, lol

Essie Jamaica me crazy, Sinful Colors Frenzy, off brand Korean glitter
Guess I was really diggin' the gradients.. hahaha

Pretty sure this was Essie Jamaica me crazy again... + OPI Servin' Up Sparkle + other off brand sparkle/glitter polishes

OPI Pearl of Wisdom, OPI Last Friday Night + prob more random other sparkle polishes...
 Surprise, surprise! Another gradient hahahahaha

OPI Cuckoo for this Color + random metallic one from Daiso + loose glitter
 Sorry, bad picture... but it's the only one I have! xD

Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Raisin' the Bar + glitter PAINFULLY EXTRACTED from OPI Servin' Up Sparkle LOL
 This one's really pretty :3 but it was hella tedious to do. This was around the time I started experimenting on/trying out more drugstore polishes... found out there really isn't much of a quality-difference between brands like OPI, Essie and some cheaper drugstore brands..

Rimmel Hard Metal + dotting tool + Revlon Silver Dollar
OPI Chapel of Love
 Yup... this is just a swatch on the nails, I guess lol. Love the colour.

China Glaze For Audrey (my first and STILL my only CG polish) + lose glitter + rhinestone

My take on the "cloud" nail trend.. a yearish ago :) Joe Fresh Hula, Essie To Buy or Not to Buy, Jessica Bikini Blue
 I'm quite fond of this cloud design too...  I've said to myself that I'd do it again some time... but I still haven't... maybe this summer, lol.

Essie To Buy or Not to Buy + lose glitter, individually placed
 This is probably when I started my blog last year... hahaha anyway... next~

Sinful Colors You Just Wait + Essie Eternal Optimist + Essie Beyond Cozy
 My nails from a few weeks ago.. forgot (too lazy..) to take pics of... but I got them on my phone lol so yay! I quite like the design, but the base colour looked soooo weird to me.. that's what inspired the design btw lol I couldn't stand how weird that one colour looked on my nails...

Finally... we have this picture of what's on my nails now :)

Wet n Wild Wild Shine Blazed
 This colour looked a lot more... rosey pink in the bottle. On the nails, it's actually quite bright and eye catching. I'm falling in love with these brighter polishes all over again :)

Moving on...
I also wanted to talk about some hair products I've been scoping out recently.

1) Jason Tea Tree Shampoo+conditioner - spotted at London Drugs

I have problems with an itchy scalp.. and after trying Pantene, Dove and Organix, I finally went for the Head and Shoulders. It did a great job controlling the itch on my scalp.. but I could feel it drying out my hair soooo bad. I decided to try the Live Clean Fresh Water line. I decided on it cuz I heard that parabens & all that bad stuff in shampoos can irritate sensitive scalps.. so I thought the paraben & whatever whatever-free Live Clean brand would help. The first time I tried it, it felt pretty good, and the itch didn't come back. But after a few more washes, that itchy scalp was returning. After I finish the bottles of Live Clean I have right now, I'm pretty sure I'll try this Jason line. Hopefully it works...

2) Macadamia deep repair masque - also spotted at London Drugs.. on a diff day

 I've heard sooooo much about this masque, but I've only seen it in person twice. Once at Shoppers' and it was in a big tub selling for $32. I felt way too cheap that day to drop 30+ on a hair mask, so I passed on it. I returned maybe a few days later, and all of them were sold out. Of course. It's a popular product. I've heard so many YouTubers recommend it, so I really wanna try this for myself. My hair is always a frizzy, hay-like mess.. ESPECIALLY after I shower and I let it air dry... It's not much better if I blow dry it.. unless I use a comb and legit straighten it with the blow drier.. ANYWHO. It's the first time I've seen this mask in a smaller tube, and it's only $15ish. Maybe if I see this again, I'll pick it up. If I'm not feeling like a total cheapo lol. It's better than paying 30+ for a product that I may or may not like.

*phew* that's it for now! Til next time :)

~♔Josephine ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment