Thursday, June 27, 2013

Nails ~ Pink Shock

Hello again! I have a simple nail design to share today. I used Maybelline Color Show polish in the very appropriately named, Pink Shock and loose hexagon glitters.


Here's another close-up from a different angle.


Bold, "neon" colours that I've tried so far seem to have the same characteristics to me. If you try to layer too many coats on, the colour becomes less and less true to what you see in the bottle. To achieve the true neon colour, it's best to use a milky base coat with some sort of pigment, or white polish underneath the neon colour. For this polish, I used my Essie fill the gap base coat. After additional coats of Pink Shock, I noticed the colour become darker and less true to the colour seen in the bottle. So I decided to paint another coat of the Essie base coat before painting another coat of the neon, and the colour turned out brilliantly.
So yeah, there's a small tip for you guys in regards to neon polishes. I haven't tried many neons... I'm not a huge fan of other bright colours besides pinky colours, I guess. But if your neon isn't turning out the way you want, try a milky base coat or a white polish under it, and the colour will show up much nicer.

That's all for now :) Until next time~
~♔Josephine ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment