Monday, July 1, 2013

Nails ~ Mint + Silver & Small polish haul + Jewelry

Hello~ just wanted to pop in here and share my most recent nails and some other stuff :)

I went for the mint+silver trend that's really popular these days >< I know this design looks like something so stereotypical lol like something you'd see on instagram/pintrest etc. but whatever :P I just got Mint Candy Apple really recently and I felt like wearing mint... so yeah, whatever.

Here's the polishes I used
Revlon Silver Dollar, Essie Set in Stones, Essie Mint Candy Apple, Art Deco Silver
I'm really loving Mint Candy Apple. The colour is adorable and I think it goes well with my skin tone :P The polish is really, really thick though. I'm not sure if it's just the bottle I bought, or if the formula is just like that.. but yeah it was hellllla thick. It probably only takes 2 coats to be opaque, but I kept putting more layers on, hoping for it to smooth out... it didn't work really well :x Maybe I should try thinner layers next time, although I find it really hard to control the thickness of the layers especially when I'm doing my right hand, using my left. But yeah, the colour is really cute and I'm loving it so far.

Here's some polishes I bought recently
Essie Sunday Funday, Saturday Disco Fever, Bikini So Teeny and As Gold As It Gets, Superstore, $7.97
I picked up 4 cuz that was the limit at Superstore lol.. plus they were having a no tax event, so yeah.. I sorta went a lil bit crazy xD
Sunday Funday is a cute pink-coral with subtle glitter, Saturday Disco Fever is a bright red-orange, Bikini So Teeny is a light blue with really subtle glitter and As Gold As It Gets is a gold glitter from their Luxeffects line from a few Christmases ago.

Lastly is just a few jewelry pieces I've picked up recently
Infinity bracelet, Icing, $9.75 and Material Girl Gold&Silver stud bracelet, The Bay, $5.99 (sale)
 I just love anything infinity... :P they had some necklaces but I knew if I bought those, I'd never wear them anyway.. and plus they were all pretty tacky looking except one gold, really dainty one.. but I'd never wear that, plus I feel like the gold will rub off really quick anyway.. so no point :/

That's all for now ^^
~♔Josephine ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment