Monday, July 1, 2013

K-Pop - 2013 Rookies + to-be-debuted

Hiya! And welcome to another one of my long-winded K-pop posts! :P

There are a few rookie groups who debuted recently this year who I've been enjoying . Keep in mind that I'm usually pretty biased towards male groups/artists since I seem to enjoy male voices more.
When I first became a K-pop junkie, I was very much against female groups, except for a special few... Very special few. One of those groups was the Wonder Girls. But since then, I've opened my mind up to female K-pop acts a lot, but still it's more common for me to go and check out a newly debuted boy group rather than a girl group. It doesn't mean I won't listen to them, but I won't voluntarily go check out female acts as much. Anyway, I digress...

Here's a few K-pop rookies who've debuted this year whom have caught my eye. (In no specific order...)

1. History

While I do enjoy their music, and their first mini album, it's really their "Short-Coms" that Loen Ent. uploads onto their channel that I really enjoy. These boys just seem like a like of fun, plus their teasers leading up to their debut were EPIC.

Here's ep. 1 of their Short Com

Here's one of their teasers, introducing Jang Yi Jeong, one of the members
I think I like him the best haha. He's really outgoing and cute. He's like a cross between Infinite's Dongwoo and Teen Top's Niel.

Here's one more fun interview clip of them :)

Moving on...
2. LC9
While I do their their debut song was really cool, it's not really my type of music, so no, you won't find it on my playlist. What really sparked my interest in this group, though, is one of the members whom I stumbled upon on Twitter a while ago (pre-debut). His name is Eden ^^ Or E.den, I think his stage name is. I found out he's from Vancouver, and I just really want to support him haha.

Anyway I guess I'll share two covers that they did that I really enjoyed

I do think this group of boys are really talented, so I'm gonna be keeping an eye on them. Hopefully the next title track they come out with will be more my style.

Next up is
3. BTS (방탄소년단/Bangtan Boys/Bulletproof Boyscouts)
 Here's another debut song that I didn't quite enjoy so much. I'm just going through and listening to their album now, at this very moment.. so I'm not sure what my opinion on their music is... yet. I don't really like their title track this time around either, but I think the image they debuted with is pretty cool. It's a little like Block B meets B.A.P... geez so many B-groups in the K-pop industry. Even though I don't enjoy their music so much, I hear some good rapping and some nice voices in there.. so maybe they'll come out with a title track that I love soon too. Who knows. I'm just gonna keep my eye on them.
This group reminds me a lot of B.A.P not because of their music or image... but because they've already seemed to attract a lot of fangirl attention. Specifically international fangirl attention. I'm not quite on that ship, and it's alright, I'm not about to force myself to jump on, but I'm definitely going to be keeping my eye on this group.
Guess since I've heard a bit of their music now, I'm gonna add on a little bit here. This group is definitely capable of putting out some more listenable music that is appealing enough to me that you'll find it on my playlist. Damn, this just makes me anticipate this group even more.

Here's one more 2013 freshly debuted K-pop (actually.. I dunno if he counts as K-pop :s) act
4. Roy Kim
This song came out a while ago, and it was my jam for the spring time weather.. when it wasn't raining here during the spring -_-
Roy Kim is the winner of Superstar K4. I sorta became a fan of him while he was on the program, and here's my favorite performance from him (his partner in crime was Jung Joon Young)

Aaaand here's the mv for his new song, Love Love Love
I enjoy the light heartedness of his music, and of course his voice is soulful and unique (especially in the K-pop scene)... and he's not bad to look at either, lol.

Oooooh talking about Roy Kim totally reminded me of another solo male K-pop act
5. Eric Nam

I thoroughly enjoyed  his whole debut album. He seems like a really cool and cute guy too :) If you haven't seen his interview with Eat Your Kimchi, you should really check it out here!

Alrighty~ That's all for the already debuted acts. There are still a couple more groups who are supposed to debut by the end of this year whom I'm really anticipating. My list includes, but is not limited to YG's new girl group AND boy group AND Akdong Musician (but honestly I'd rather them focus on 2ne1 first... lol), Woollim's (Infinite & Nell's company) new girl group..... and... I can't think of anymore for now, so I guess I'll have to end it here. :P I think I'll do one more Kpop post before I call it a night, heh. Thanks for reading!

~♔Josephine ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment