Friday, June 7, 2013

K-Stuff ~ Kpop & Kdrama Updates

Hello c:
One of the reasons I decided to start blogging again was so that I could talk about stuff here that I can't talk to anyone else about...either because they wouldn't know what I'm talking about, or I think they'll be disinterested... :p

Well anyway, I'm a Korean pop-culture addict, and here are just some things that I've really been enjoying recently :D

First off is some songs!

1. B2st (Dongwoon & Yoseob) & BTOB (Changseob & Ilhoon) - Bye Bye Love (When a Man's in Love OST)

 

I've been suuuper addicted to this song recently. A while ago, it was the only thing I listened to on repeat... On my way to school, while driving, on the computer.. everywhere! I know it's not a particularly excellent song or anything, but it's just really addictive. There's no desperate pop-trend element that pops up, begging for the public's attention because it's a soundtrack song/OST for a drama. I enjoy Changseob's voice sooo much! It totally helps his case that he's adorable and dorky haha... Yeah, my bias in BTOB might be shifting from Hyunshik to Changseob >.< Anyway~ My favorite part of the song is at 3:46 - Changseob's part in the climax (my opinion) of the song.. it totally blows me away. I've listened to only that one line over and over again as well. Sigh, I don't know, I just really like this song.

2. BTOB - My Girl


Ah~ Another one of my favorites :) I don't know.. it's just a really sweet and soothing love song. It makes me wish my future boyfriend would sing it to me haha, it's a really really sweet song that fits the nice weather we've been having lately. Hmm.. maybe it's better to imagine me being able to see BTOB singing it live one day... haha, a girl can dream.
I'm glad I purchased the physical copy of this album, BTOB's 2nd mini album titled Press Play. It contains some good songs... K, maybe I'm just BTOB biased cuz I've followed them for a while now... since their debut, actually. I've watched all their diary episodes and their B+ Diary.. and a whole bunch of other videos. I dunno, they're dorky and weird but in a very likable way, lololol. They're one of my favorite rookies from 2012, alongside a few others.

Anywho, beware of cavities after listening to this song/reading the lyrics :p

3. C-Clown - 멀어질까봐/Far Away... Young Love (Acoustic Guitar Ver.)

 

Ah... another rookie group I've really been liking. Their most recent single, "Shaking Heart" is pretty good too (actually, the whole album is pretty good.. but I digress), but I think their second single (this video...) still tops my personal chart. This is the acoustic version; the original version is pretty good too, but I think I just prefer this version as of right now. When this album first came out a few months ago, I listened to the songs sooooo much that I got sick of them. So for a while, they were off my current playlist.. but I decided I had enough of a break and re-added the songs back into my playlist. It's a really catchy song. I think this group has talent and I hope to see them succeed in the future (same for BTOB.. :p) It's actually kinda funny cuz one of the rappers in C-Clown was really close to debuting as a member of BTOB. His stage name in CC is T.K but his real name is Minwoo. He's a real cutie :p I think he's my bias. When he raps, there's just something about his voice that's really attractive... even though he's several years younger than me <__<" I dunno, he enunciates really well and his rapping is very... smooth. On top of that, he can also sing. :D

On a different note, I really don't like the group names BTOB or C-Clown very much... I came across an interview with the leader of C-Clown, Rome (he's from Australia! and he looks suspiciously like CNB's Yonghwa... but I digress... again) explaining the meaning of "C-Clown."


It's a really cool concept, and it has a pretty profound meaning.. but I dunno.. C-Clown? :/ Meh. And BTOB (Born to BEAT! *snap*) isn't much better either lol ;-; I heard G.na came up with the name... le sigh. Oh well, it's not like I can change their names. =_= Just gotta live with it.

Ooh, looks like I've finished the song part of this post xD Now onto.. dramas! Or in this case, drama.
The one and only drama I've been watching these days is....

Monstar!
I really didn't expect myself to be watching this.. I like Beast, but it's not like I'm a big fan of Junhyung or anything xD Anyway I started watching because a few weeks ago, the English subbed version of the first ep popped up in my YouTube subscription feed and I was curious. I was pretty much hooked after that 1 ep. The plot is pretty cheesy, I mean it is a high school drama, so that's to be expected, right? But I've always enjoyed high school dramas. I guess my taste is going to be forever immature xD OH WELL!
I think Junhyung is doing a lot better than I thought I would perceive him to be... I mean.. I actually find him a lot more attractive than before.


I'm not much of an acting critic, but I think he's doing an alright job. The rest of the cast is ok too. The second male lead is from To the Beautiful You (pretty stupid drama... but again, I enjoyed it too.. Lee Hyun Woo is a freaking cutie... LOL ok I'm digressing again) and he's a good lookin' fella. The female lead is cute. I think her facial expressions are a little awkward sometimes, but it's nothing that distracts from the storyline, so it's fine. Oh that reminds me, here's a part of the ep 1 (there's currently only 3 eps out...fml) that I really enjoyed:


I really like the female lead's character, standing up for the poor dude getting bullied :/ I think it's quite a beautiful scene. It reminds me of School 2013 (man that was a good drama, I wish I blogged about my experience watching it!) and the relationships between students that are so foreign to me. Ooh I should add, I really enjoyed how the singing was LIVE. I remember watching Dream High/DH2 and I was so irritated that the idol singers couldn't sing live/weren't allowed to sing live.

Oh yeah... and it definitely doesn't hurt that Sungjae, Hyunshik, Changseob and Minhyuk from BTOB are acting as Junhyung's band mates in the drama. Even though we don't get to see them much.. I still enjoy their presence. (Cube fam ftw!)

Overall I'm enjoying the drama. Don't watch it expecting a brilliant plotline or award worthy acting. It's just a fun drama to watch.

Phew! What a long post... alrighty, I think I'm gonna wrap it up here. See you next time!

~♔Josephine ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment