Thursday, December 20, 2012

K-Drama - The Innocent Man, Nice Guy (2012)


I've finally finished this drama!!! It's only been a few days... (has it even been a week?! zomg..) since I've started, but I'm FINALLY finished ~__~ This drama was just soooo heavy that it feels like I took a long, long time to watch it. I'm not sure if I love that feeling or not.. heh. It was enjoyable, but I spent a lot of time hitting my chest during the drama... I don't know how else to describe it xD It was good... it wasn't great, though. I feel like the idea for the ending was good, but it could have been executed a lot better. The way they tied things up in the end felt really rushed, and they had to sacrifice a lot of things - including quality...- to be able to conclude it cleanly. Overall I still think City Hunter is a better drama, that's in the same sort of genre. Nice Guy was just a little too heavy for my tastes, I guess. The leads had great acting and fantastic chemistry, though. I love how Joongki and ChaeWon look together c: Hehehehe.

Credit- Dramabeans.com

I thought this was such a beautiful, beautiful touch. When I started the first episode, I thought I saw wrong, so I had to go back and rewatch it. He's smiling.. at the end.. while the clock ticks forwards instead of speeding backwards... such a clever touch c: Awww Joongki's face -sigh- I'm going to miss watching that too.. lol.
Oh yeah, and during the last few episodes... everything happened so fast... but it was when I bawled watching it ;__; That conversation between Maru and JaeHee where he blames himself for everything that has happened, and how JaeHee wouldn't be like that if Maru didn't take the blame for her killing that man 5?6?7? years ago. It was so beautifully done.. bravo Joongki & SiYeon, bravo! I felt like you could really feel the deep relationship between those characters -sigh- T_T And also that conversation between Maru and JaeHee where he asserts that he refuses to die with her because he's never done anything wrong in his life. Everything he has done/does is selfless, and he has no reason to be punished... that was so heartbreaking..thinking about all the things he had to endure to protect people he loves. And I think that's one thing that really helps you get into this drama... the characters are brought to life and developed so well that you actually begin to empathize with them and believe that they exist.
Anyway overall, good drama, not great. Great character development and casting, awesome acting, oh yeah! And a pretty darn awesome OST to boot.




It's fun being able to blog about dramas :p I think I'll do this more often... it's nice having a place to just blab about it.
~♔Josephine ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment