Monday, May 19, 2014

K-Drama - Updates & Currently Watching

Hello hello~

So I've been watching quite a lot of drama recently.. mostly because I'm only taking two courses this semester and I have a lot of free time... -sigh- I should really be working but I'm having such a difficult time finding a job, it's not even funny. But let's not go there in this post.

Anyway, I've been watching a lot of the dramas that are currently airing in Korea right now, so I guess I'll do a small overview of my thoughts on them so far here. Let's get started!

1. Angel Eyes/엔젤아이즈 (2014)



The first couple episodes of this drama were SO GOOD but also very, very sad. The younger versions of the two main characters did such a good job, I was kinda scared that I wouldn't like their adult counter parts.
The younger version of the male lead is played by Kang Ha Neul (To The Beautiful You, Monstar, Heirs) and I really like him - he's a looker ;) and he acts well. I think he and the younger version of the female lead had very good chemistry and their storyline was executed so well.
As the drama progressed into the 'present' with the adult actors, I was a bit disappointed with the chemistry between the two leads, Lee Sang Yoon & Ku Hye Sun. I still think their child actor counterparts had better chemistry than them, but it's still not bad.
The female lead's dad in the drama frustrates me the most, and the most recent episodes weren't the most entertaining, but I'll still continue and finish watching this drama.

This drama is a pretty good mix of tragedy, humour, romance and tension. It's okay, but I feel like you wouldn't miss out on much if you didn't watch it (unless you're a big fan of Kang Ha Neul - I would recommend a fan of his to just watch for him :P).

 2. Triangle/트라이앵글(2014)


This drama stars Lee Bum Soo (The Prime Minister is Dating - didn't watch but I know he starred in that), Kim Jae Joong of JYJ (Protect the Boss) and Im Si Wan of ZE:A (The Moon Embraces the Sun).
This drama is interesting; I think the storyline is pretty intriguing and I am a fan of Jae Joong and Si Wan's acting so I decided to start watching this.
It definitely takes a few episodes to get into (and it doesn't help that there's not many episodes out right now) but I think this drama will be worth the watch.

Good mix of action, humour and melodrama. Not much else to say. :/

3. Doctor Stranger/닥터 이방인 (2014)


I think this is by far the best drama on this list. The episodes that are out right now (1-4, EEP new eps soon!!!!) were all so freaking good.
I'm not sure if it's because I'm a pretty big fan of Lee Jong Suk (who stars as Park Hoon), but I really really like this drama so far. It's the perfect combination of suspense, action, romance and humour. It doesn't hurt that I also like the other main cast members too - Kang Sora, Park Hae Jin (You Who Came From the Stars!!) and Jin Se Yeon.
I really love Park Hoon's personality - he's absolutely adorable!
Again, this is a medical drama, and I'm not so good about watching surgery scenes with human insides, but it is so worth the watch.
I would recommend this drama to anyone! ^_^

4. Hotel King/호텔킹


Originally, I wasn't too interested in watching this drama, but I just got so extremely bored that I thought I would give it a try.
The beginning of this drama felt rushed and not very well told, which is weird because it's supposed to be 35 episodes long so I thought they would spend more time giving us the background story to the main character, played by Lee Dong Wook.
Anyway, this drama is pretty good so far, and I think the female lead, played by Lee Dae Hae, is absolutely adorable. Her personality in the drama is very likable, and not annoying at all.
You might recognize these two leads from the very famous K-drama My Girl. They've reunited after 10 years to do this drama, and apparently they dated before, so their chemistry on screen is on point.
I think Lee Dong Wook has aged sooooo well :P That's probably why I'm enjoying this drama so much right now, to be honest, lol. But the story line is pretty interesting too, although sometimes clumsily executed, but I'll definitely watch til the end, even though it its 35 episodes long.
 There's also a good mix of humour, melodrama and romance in this drama.

 That's all for this post. See ya!
~♔Josephine ♥  

No comments:

Post a Comment