Saturday, April 19, 2014

I bound my own book!

This was the final assignment for my graphic design publishing class this semester. I am proud of it so I thought I'd share it here! :P

We had to design and type set two chapters of "Alice's Adventures in Wonderland" and hand bind the book. I chose to do a hardcover, which I thought was going to be pretty easy, but it was actually pretty frustrating. The glue kept warping everything so there's some wrinkles here and there. Also, I got some of the dimensions a bit screwed up, so it definitely didn't turn out perfectly, but I'm still really proud of it and I really enjoyed the process!

Here's the front and back covers:
 

First chapter's first page

Second chapter's first page

Author biography

 As I said earlier, I was actually sorta frustrated doing the hardcover and final touches for the book, so I didn't take many progress pictures for the project. I do have this one, though. Taken on my phone (iPhone 5) while I was hand-binding the book. That part's actually pretty easy.


Alrighty, hope you enjoyed!
~♔Josephine ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment